Tuesday, November 10, 2009

From Art House to Microcinema

When I read this article, I didn't know a thing about art houses. I don't really follow film houses or festivals. It's interesting though that movies are made at the poorly art houses such as health clubs, churches, basements even with low budget. I like that. It's different and unique. No need for fancy stuff. But I prefer watching a film at home. Cheap and your own food and whatever you want to do at home. :) It's more comfortable than going to see a film with a bunch of strangers. The art houses remind me of Carolina Beach theater because I been there once or twice and this place is pretty old. I don't know if that counts but it has similar features as the art houses though.

I liked how the art houses accept anything different and unique such as independent, foreign, etc. The limited films that couldn't be able to provide to show nationwide. I'm not sure if here in Wilmington really has a place where they allow to show limited movies. I bet the art houses are popular to those who are interested to see unknown films. I would like to see some limited films that the big theaters wouldn't show. Ever since I took some film studies courses, I saw lots of foreign and experimental and documentary films..they were all strange, interesting, like wowie!

No comments:

Post a Comment